Forget a Candy Station and get a Popcorn Station. If you’re looking for a fun and different approach to your wedding menu or even your wedding favors, this is it! Utilize varieties of popcorn and/or toppings in place of traditional appetizers during your cocktail hour OR provide baggies for your guests to scoop up and take with them for the ride home.
In place of the traditional appetizers, you may want to offer a Popcorn Bar and let your guests dress them up to their taste buds with some of these scrumptious topping ideas: cinnamon sugar, grated parmesan cheese, brown sugar & chili powder, popcorn salt, basil oil, garlic oil, chili oil, popcorn butter, chopped bacon, candies etc… It’s fun and interactive for your guests and will leave them talking for weeks.
If you like the idea of providing popcorn as your favor, you can set up traditional base flavors in apothecary jars such as cheese, movie-theater, and caramel with assorted toppings and candies
What about a Spiked Popcorn Bar for adults?…With flavors like rum caramel and tequila lime.
Your popcorn buffet, station or bar is sure to be a hit and you have so many options to make it your own creation! Of course, we have tons of pictures to help inspire you 🙂
We even have one of these popcorn machines here at the Hazlehurst House for you to utilize and make your next reception POP 😉
photo credit 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Happy Friday and have a poppin’ weekend!
Consider a Grilled Cheese and Wine Station. Have our chef build each guest a personalized mini panini and pair it with their favorite wine.
Pick your bread…
- Raisin Nut Bread
- French Bread
- Pretzel Slider Bun or Dinner Roll
- Challah or brioche, pumpernickel, rye or hearty wheat
Pick your cheese…
- Mild or white cheddar
- Creamy Goat
- Cream cheese
Pick your spread…..
- Apple Butter
- Coarse, grained or Dijon mustard
- Herbed butter
- Fruit preserves or pepper jelly
Add your favorite topping…
- Caramelized onions
- Sautéed apples or pears
- Sliced fresh fruit or vegetables
- Dried apricots
- Fresh herbs
- Thinly sliced deli meat
- Crisp bacon
- Smoked salmon
- Chopped toasted nuts
Five Fabulous Combos
Fancy Ham and Cheese
- Sharp cheddar w/ brown sugar glazed ham, sweet and spicy mustard on a soft pretzel bun
- Country ham and peach chutney on sweet onion slider
- White cheddar w/ smoked turkey on a wheat slider bun
- Gruyere w/ course grained mustard, thinly sliced glazed ham, dried apricot halves and toasted nuts on French bread
Caramelized Onion Bliss
- Blue Cheese w/ caramelized onions, sautéed pears on a brioche or challah bread
- Cheddar, roast beef, caramelized onions on bread of choice
Salty and Sweet Bacon Panini
- Brie w/ apple butter and bacon on raisin and walnut bread.
- Bacon, fig jam and cheese of choice
Fruit and Nut Sliders
- Sharp cheddar w/ honey mustard, thinly sliced golden delicious apples and toasted pecans on slider bun
Creamy Dill and Salmon Bites
- Creamy goat cheese w/ smoked salmon on hearty white bread brushed w/ dill butter.
Pair all of these with your wine of choice.